Relevant skills and knowledge
• Excellent inter-personal skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• Accurate with good attention to detail.
• Time management.
• IT usage
• Detailed knowledge of the FCA’s rules and requirements.
• Detailed knowledge of the FCA’s and the firm’s record keeping requirements.
• Broad knowledge of the financial services sector.
• High level of technical knowledge (level 4 financial planning qualification from the CII highly desirable)
• Knowledge of the following software packages: AVELO, Equifax, Exchange, Threesixty online, Defaqto, Distribution Technology, Research websites (Trust Net, S&P, Cofunds, Morningstar, EMoneyfacts, Future Value Consultants, Word, Excel & WWW).
• Keep up-to-date with new product, technical or legislative changes within the marketplace.
• Comply at all times with the firm’s Compliance; Training & Competence; Complaints and Data Security policies / procedures.
• To ensure that the firm’s clients are treated fairly at all times.
• To work as part of a team alongside the firm’s advisers, PAs and administrators to provide clients with a professional ongoing Financial Planning experience.
• Once in receipt of a completed ‘factfind’, collate all the relevant quantitative detailed information required and conduct appropriate research to compile a compliant Suitability Report.
• Check all paperwork / information is available to ensure that the client file meets the FCA’s rules and requirements.
• Discuss the client’s needs and objectives with the relevant adviser.
• Undertake research to identify suitable solutions to meet the client’s needs and objectives.
• Prepare information for analysis by the adviser.
• If applicable, liaise with the client’s legal and tax advisers.
• Prepare draft Suitability Report.
• Discuss draft recommendation report with the relevant adviser.
• Obtain ‘sign-off’ by the relevant adviser.
• Prepare suitability reports in accordance with the agreed recommendations.
• Complete application / proposal forms.
• Ensure all compliance paperwork is in order.
• If relevant, act on any changes made by the client.
• Implement the chosen / agreed investment strategies including on-line trading in an adviser’s absence.
• If required, attend client meetings with adviser.
• Review investment portfolio, asset allocation, risk profile etc.